Your gut health has a direct effect on many of your body’s functions. It is a thing that not many people take too seriously, and it could lead to severe health problems if not worst.
Your gut health directly affects your body in more ways than you think. Many studies in the past 20 years find direct relations between gut health and the immune system.
Also affects your mood, mental health, and many others.
The term gut health is just the absence of disease if you were wondering what it means.
The term is defined by the World Health Organization, but gut health could mean much more. It could be not only physical but mental health too because the two are connected.
The two main things, that mainly consist of your gut are the gut bacteria also called the microbiome, and the actual gut.
The microbiome is the bacteria that is in our intestines. The microbiome plays many many roles in our body, and it plays a vital role in our well-being.
The other part is the actual gut, which is more than just a physical structure in our body.
Do you know what can disrupt gut health?
The main factors are stress, alcohol, an unbalanced diet, lack of sleep, and exercise.
The most common sign of an unhealthy gut is stomach disturbance, like bloated stomach, gasses, constipation, or diarrhea. Other signs also include food intolerances, unintentional weight changes, disturbed sleep, and others.
Tips on how to improve gut health
Reduce sugar – A diet high in processed foods and added sugars can decrease the number of good bacteria in your gut.
Reduce gluten – Some people can’t tolerate gluten, and their immune system goes into attack mode. This leads to inflammation and weakened gut lining.
Eat more nuts – Eating nuts as part of a healthy diet may be good for your overall health. Nuts contain unsaturated fatty acids and other nutrients.
Reduce Dairy – Too much of anything is bad for you. However, there are dairies good for your gut health such as yogurt. The yogurt is rich in lactobacilli, a type of bacteria that can benefit your health.
Top 5 foods that help your gut!
1) Apple; Did you know that an apple contains more than 100 bacterias? That’s a lot, but don’t worry they are good bacterias that help your gut. According to research: an apple a day will enhance the diversity of your gut microbiome.
2) Yoghurt; The yoghurt is rich in lactobacilli, a type of bacteria that can benefit your health. The best yoghurt to consume is plain, natural yogurt. Some flavored yogurts contain high levels of sugar, and the sugar is bad for your gut health.
3) Rye bread; A study found that both fermented yeast and lactic acid found in rye bread can be a very good combination for your gut! Rye bread can improves gut health and balances blood sugar levels!
4) Whole grains; Whole grains can promote the growth of bifidobacteria, lactobacilli, and bacteroidetes in our body! Whole grains also reduced inflammation and heart disease risk factors.
5) Almonds; Almonds are good sources of fibers and polyphenols, which are plant compounds that can reduce blood pressure, inflammation, cholesterol levels, and stress.